Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Great recipe, fast to make. If you don't want the intesity of the fresh grated horseradish feel free to use prepared or even horseradish mustard is delicious.
- 4 tuna steaks (1 Inch Thick)
- olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup grated horseradish
- 2 tablespoons orange zest (blanched)
- 2 tablespoons lime zest (blanched)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- creole mustard
- Season tuna with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the horseradish, citrus zest, juice, and season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Brush one side of the tuna with Creole mustard.
- Press crust into mustard.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan.
- Add the tuna, crust side down, and sear until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Turn over and sear until medium rare, another 2 to 3 minutes.