Recipe by diner524
Posting this for Greek region of ZWT 6. Found it online at FoodTV site from Giada De Laurentiis, while searching it for Greek recipes. Sounds delicious!! Time doesn't include time for sugar/water cooling.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1⁄4 cups orange juice
- 2 medium bananas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest (from 1 large orange)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup ice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar and water to a boil over medium-high heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved, about 5 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes.
- Pour the cooled syrup into a blender. Add the yogurt, orange juice, bananas, orange zest, vanilla extract, and ice. Blend until the mixture is smooth. Pour into glasses and serve.