Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
The original of this recipe, from Paula Deen's Christmas 2009 Cookbook, has been slightly tweaked to give this recipe. Preparation time does not include the time needed for the sauce to chill.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries, fresh (or frozen)
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Using a medium saucepan, combine all the ingredients, & cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes, or until cranberries burst & sauce thickens, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat, cover & chill.
I reduced the sugar to 1/2 cup. I didn't want it too sweet. And that turned out perfect for me. It's great on pancakes. Mine turned out to be very thick. It could be great to add just a little bit of orange juice to thin it. Thanks Sydney Mike :) Made for Newest Zaar tag