Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this on the Food Network web site before the holidays this year (courtesy of Patty Burns). Very nice flavor and texture.
- 2 large navel oranges
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Remove peel and pith from oranges and cut into large pieces.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine oranges, cranberries, sugar, water and ground ginger.
- Cook, stirring frequently for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon and lime juices.
- Cover and chill thoroughly before serving.
- Ideally made the day before you plan to serve.
I've made this recipe a couple years now for Thanksgiving, and it is our favorite! Love it!
This is my favorite cranberry sauce recipe. I saw it prepared on the Food Network, and I make it every time I serve turkey! My only change is I add a little zest from the orange. Excellent flavor.