Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe came from a summer issue of Bon Appetit. It is amazingly delicious! However, I will caution you, part of the reason it tastes like gold is because it is worth that after all the zesting and juicing. I will reiterate, try it at least once, it's delicious!
- 4 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 9 large lemons
- 4 oranges
- 9 cups carbonated water, approximately (such as Perrier)
- Bring sugar and water to a boil in a large pot over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Remove sugar syrup from heat.
- Zest lemons and oranges, adding peelings to sugar syrup.
- Juice fruits, adding to sugar syrup.
- Let stand at room temperature for 6 hours.
- Strain mixture.
- Serve over carbonated water and ice.
- (Will keep for 1 week).