Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
From TOH - yet to try.
- 1 lb frozen cod fish fillet, thawed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄8 tablespoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- Cut fish into serving-size peices and place into a baking dish coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with parsley and pepper.
- In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- Sprinke over fish.
- Combine juices and orange peel and drizzle over fish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
It was wonderful! Even my husband who isn't a huge fish fan asked me to make it again. To top it off the recipe is very easy even for someone who doesn't cook often.
I think I'll have to try this again to get it right. It was OK...maybe it's because our cod was exceptionally thick, I don't know. Or maybe marinating beforehand would enhance the flavour. I liked the orange/lemon combo. I might try this again with salmon or tilapia instead. In any case, it was nice and easy!
Thanks for this very healthy fish dish that has an orangey taste. It was easy to make too. Tagged for My 3 CHef.