1/2 Photos of Citrus Chocolate Cupcakes
LUv 2 BaKE's Note:
Very soft decadent, yet low-fat cupcakes. These do not contain egg and can easily be made vegan. Un-iced, they are still extremely good cake-like muffins. NOTE: these cupcakes had a VERY mild citrus flavour. I have since added orange zest to the recipe for a more prevalent citrusy flavour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl combine flours, sugar, cocoa and baking soda.
- 2In a large bowl combine juice, water, oil, vinegar, vanilla, and orange extract (if desired) and orange zest.
- 3Add flour mixture to the juice mixture; stir until just moistened.
- 4Fold in chocolate chips.
- 5Spray 12 medium muffin cups or use paper liners.
- 6Fill cups half full with batter.
- 7Bake at 375F 13-16 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- 8Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Citrus Chocolate Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.1
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 106.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of