Recipe by whitebreadtoast
After trying a delicious grilled corn recipe which featured fresh, high quality chili powder and limes, I was inspired to try making a marinade based on the same for chicken. It was refreshing and delicious - perfect for hot Florida summer nights. I served with Jasmine rice.
Top Review by Darkhunter
Thanks for a great recipe. Couldn't get much easier. I served it with corn on the cob, roasted in the oven, and it could not have tasted any better. Will make this again and again. Thanks again!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 large orange
- 2 medium limes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder, plus some reserved
- 1 dash paprika (to taste)
- 1 dash ground red pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl (or any container you'd use to marinate) squeeze orange and limes.
- Add garlic, chili powder, paprika and red pepper.
- Slash chicken breasts to allow marinade to seep in .
- Add chicken breasts and marinate in fridge for 3 hours or overnight.
- Grill for 15 minutes or until juices run clear.
- After removing from grill, sprinkle more chili powder on chicken, and squeeze lime juice over if desired.