the mix'n vix'n's Note:
Fresh, crisp, and filling! I love sea bass. 'Specially prepared this way. It's very hardy and does well grilled, sauteed, or baked/broiled. You can prepare the salsa a day or two in advance. Again, gotta love that chopping therapy! :) If you don't like mango or pineapple, you can sub w/ any fruit such as peach or mandarin oranges. YUM!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (4 ounce) chilean sea bass fillets
- salt and pepper
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion, whites included, finely diced into rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon gingerroot, grated
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 1 medium mango, diced
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, finely diced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons green onions, whites included, finely diced into rounds
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cracked black pepper
- 1Mix all salsa ingredients together in a bowl until combined. Season both sides of fillets with salt and pepper.
- 2Preheat grill to high heat. Brush hot grill rack with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- 3Mix all marinade ingredients together in a bowl. Reserve half for grilling process. Place sea bass fillets in glass baking dish or container. Pour marinade over top. Let set for 7-10 min turning once.
- 4Place fillets about 1/2 apart on grill pouring their marinade juices over top of them. Grill for 7 minutes then turn over, pour reserved marinade over top of them and continue grilling for an additional 7 minutes or until easily flaked with a fork.
- 5Transfer to serving plate, top with salsa, and enjoy!
- 6I also like to serve mine with herb rice :).
Browse Our Top Tropical Fruits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Citrus Chilean Sea Bass W/ Pineapple Mango Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.7
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 46.8 mg
- Sodium 197.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 23.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: