Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This recipe was given to me by my son's girlfriend.
- 4 cups kelloggs corn flake crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) package unflavored gelatin
- 1 dash salt
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whipped topping
- Combine corn flake crumbs, margarine and 2 T. sugar in 9inch pie pan; mix well.
- With back of Tablespoon press evenly and firmly around sides and in bottom of pie pan to form crust.
- Mix gelatin, 1/2 cup sugar and salt in medium saucepan.
- Add egg yolks, lemon and orange juice and water in mixing bowl; Beat until smooth.
- Stir into gelatin mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils.
- Remove from heat; stir in grated lemon and orange peels.
- Chill, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds slightly whendropped from a spoon.
- Place egg whites in mixing bowl; beat until foamy.
- Gradually add the 1/3 cup sugar, beating until still.
- Fold into gelatin mixture.
- Pile into crust.
- Chill until firm.
- Just before serving, spread whipped topping on pie.
- Garnish with fresh orange slices and mint leaves.