1/2 Photos of Citrus Chicken With Vegetables
Claudia Dawn's Note:
A light, summertime supper using those fresh garden vegetables. I usually use 3 chicken breasts to stretch the recipe for leftovers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 226.79 g green beans or 226.79 g yellow beans, cut in half
- 236.59 ml julienne-cut carrot
- 354.88 ml sliced zucchini
- 59.14 ml flour
- 29.58 ml sesame seeds
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 2 whole chicken breasts, skinned,boned,cut into bite-size pieces
- 44.37 ml margarine
- 59.14 ml orange juice
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml rosemary, crushed
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
- 1Cook beans& carrots together in small amount of boiling water until almost tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- 2Add zucchini; cook an additional 5 minutes.
- 3Drain; set aside.
- 4Meanwhile, combine flour, sesame seed, salt and pepper in paper or plastic bag.
- 5Add chicken, 1/4 at a time; shake gently to coat.
- 6Melt margarine in large skillet.
- 7Sauté chicken over medium heat until completely cooked and golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- 8Remove from pan; set aside.
- 9Remove drippings and excess crumbs from pan.
- 10Stir in orange juice, lemon juice and rosemary; bring to a boil.
- 11Add cooked vegetables, stirring until thoroughly heated.
- 12Add cooked chicken; toss gently.
- 13Serve immediately.
- 14Sprinkle each serving with parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Citrus Chicken With Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.5
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 409.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 33.7 g