A light, summertime supper using those fresh garden vegetables. I usually use 3 chicken breasts to stretch the recipe for leftovers.
- 1⁄2 lb green beans or 1⁄2 lb yellow beans, cut in half
- 1 cup julienne-cut carrot
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 whole chicken breasts, skinned,boned,cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
- Cook beans& carrots together in small amount of boiling water until almost tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add zucchini; cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Drain; set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, sesame seed, salt and pepper in paper or plastic bag.
- Add chicken, 1/4 at a time; shake gently to coat.
- Melt margarine in large skillet.
- Sauté chicken over medium heat until completely cooked and golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan; set aside.
- Remove drippings and excess crumbs from pan.
- Stir in orange juice, lemon juice and rosemary; bring to a boil.
- Add cooked vegetables, stirring until thoroughly heated.
- Add cooked chicken; toss gently.
- Serve immediately.
- Sprinkle each serving with parsley.