Recipe by Claudia Dawn
A light, summertime supper using those fresh garden vegetables. I usually use 3 chicken breasts to stretch the recipe for leftovers.
Top Review by phlytyer
We have been using this recipe for over two decades. Don't know where SWMBO found it but it was pre-WWW so I suspect some magazine or cookbook. We have always enjoyed it served over rice. We have also prepped it for camping trips over the years. Bright, filling meal that everyone will enjoy (or should).
- 1⁄2 lb green beans or 1⁄2 lb yellow beans, cut in half
- 1 cup julienne-cut carrot
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 whole chicken breasts, skinned,boned,cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beans& carrots together in small amount of boiling water until almost tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add zucchini; cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Drain; set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, sesame seed, salt and pepper in paper or plastic bag.
- Add chicken, 1/4 at a time; shake gently to coat.
- Melt margarine in large skillet.
- Sauté chicken over medium heat until completely cooked and golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan; set aside.
- Remove drippings and excess crumbs from pan.
- Stir in orange juice, lemon juice and rosemary; bring to a boil.
- Add cooked vegetables, stirring until thoroughly heated.
- Add cooked chicken; toss gently.
- Serve immediately.
- Sprinkle each serving with parsley.