Recipe by emmalee1942
Serve with rice and the Tropical Salsa with Asian stir-fry vegetables as a sidedish. Time listed does not include the marinating time which varies according to the cook's schedule and choice.
- 1 cup diced kiwi fruit
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped red onions
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 strip pared lime rind
- 1 strip pared lemon rind
- 1 luice lemon
- 1 juice lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the kiwi fruit, pineapple, red onion, cilantro and orange juice. Chill until ready to serve.
- Combine the lime and lemon juice juice and thinly pared peel, oil, garlic, thyme and crushed red chilies. Set aside.
- Place chicken breast halves between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. With a rolling pin pound to 1/4" thickness.
- Place the chicken in a zip-loc bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken.
- Marinate 2-8 hours, turning occasionally.
- On a lightly greased indoor or outdoor grill, cook chicken 2-3 minutes on each side, until cooked through, but do not overcook.