Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
If you're having people round and don't want to spend the whole day in the kitchen, this delicious entree actually benefits by being prepared the day before serving.
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup mango chutney
- 1⁄4 cup chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 tablespoon oriental sesame oil
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper (depending on how hot you like it!)
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 10 boneless chicken breast halves, with skin
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Combine first 8 ingredients in medium bowl; whisk until blended; pour mixture into 13 x 9 glass baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 400F; place sesame seeds in small bowl; sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; place skin side down on seeds, coating skin.
- Melt 3 tblsps butter in large nonstick skillet over high heat; add 5 breasts, skin side down, to skillet and cook until golden, about 3-4 minutes; turn chicken over; cook 2 minutes longer; place chicken, skin side up, in marinade in baking dish; wash skillet; repeat with 3 tblsps butter and remaining chicken breasts.
- Cover chicken with foil, bake until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- If making a day ahead; remove foil, let chicken cool 1 hour in marinade; cover; chill overnight; reheat before serving.
Delicious! So glad I tagged this to use up some mango chutney I had in the fridge - wonderful served with rice and peas for Sunday supper. I was able to reduce the amount of serving very easily - just using six chicken breasts, however I misread the ingredient list and used chicken breast halves with ribs and skin - just increased the cooking time to one hour and skipped step 3 - but dotted the chicken with butter instead and turned the chicken halfway through cooking. Thanks for sharing this delicious chicken recipe which we will be having again!