Top Review by Barbell Bunny
This was really good! I added a nice splash of orange juice to the marinade, which was added a nice dimensions of flavor. I served it with an orange-lime sauce and summer veggies.
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves
- 2⁄3 cup fresh lime juice, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper, divided
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 16 ounces frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 pinch brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- fresh cilantro stem
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in a heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon lime juice; pour remaining juice over chicken.
- Seal bag, and shake until chicken is well coated.
- Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning bag occasionally.
- Combine cumin, chili powder, brown sugar, salt, and 1/8 teaspoon red pepper in a small bowl.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Sprinkle chicken with cumin mixture.
- Coat rack of a broiler pan with cooking spray.
- Place chicken, skinned sides down, on rack; broil 8 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 25 minutes.
- Turn chicken, and broil 15 additional minutes or until done.
- Set chicken aside, and keep warm.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Place skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add corn, peppers and onions and remaining 1/8 teaspoon red pepper; sauté until corn is lightly browned and tender.
- Spoon corn evenly onto individual serving plates; top each serving with chicken.
- Drizzle evenly with reserved 1 tablespoon lime juice, and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.