1/1 Photo of Citrus Chicken with Roasted Corn Relish
1 hr 20 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper, divided
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 16 ounces frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 pinch brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- fresh cilantro stem
- 1Place chicken in a heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag.
- 2Reserve 1 tablespoon lime juice; pour remaining juice over chicken.
- 3Seal bag, and shake until chicken is well coated.
- 4Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning bag occasionally.
- 5Combine cumin, chili powder, brown sugar, salt, and 1/8 teaspoon red pepper in a small bowl.
- 6Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
- 7Sprinkle chicken with cumin mixture.
- 8Coat rack of a broiler pan with cooking spray.
- 9Place chicken, skinned sides down, on rack; broil 8 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 25 minutes.
- 10Turn chicken, and broil 15 additional minutes or until done.
- 11Set chicken aside, and keep warm.
- 12Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- 13Place skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- 14Add corn, peppers and onions and remaining 1/8 teaspoon red pepper; sauté until corn is lightly browned and tender.
- 15Spoon corn evenly onto individual serving plates; top each serving with chicken.
- 16Drizzle evenly with reserved 1 tablespoon lime juice, and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- 17Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Citrus Chicken with Roasted Corn Relish
Serving Size: 1 (350 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.4
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 296.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 29.6 g