Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick, easy dish. We never have leftovers with this. Please adjust the seasonings to your preference.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size strips
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- fresh parsley
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the garlic, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper - stirring to mix - taste to adjust seasonings.
- Add the chicken strips- cook for about 10 minutes, stirring to throughly cook the chicken strips.
- Add the juices of the lime, orange and lemon - stirring to mix. Lower the heat, simmer about 5 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Serve on rice or noodles.
Wonderful!!! The flavors go so well together and it is so simple and quick to throw together. I first made this last month. And it has become a requested dinner EVERY WEEK in our house. We really love the sauce over jasmine rice. I usually serve either brussel sprouts or broccoli with this, and use the sauce as a topping for the veggies. Thanks a million for a new family fave!
Excellent dish. Made it for supper last night just as the recipe states. Next time I will reduce the cayenne just a tad, it was a little hot for my liking, however, RJ didn't even feel the hot, as usual. Recipe was quick, easy and on the table in no time. Will be a keeper for us. Thanks for sharing peachez. Tweeky, a.k.a. Judi
This is not a recipe I will make again. The flavor was too acidic and the sauce never thickened. Maybe something I did wrong??