Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
A delicious combination of orange juice, chopped onion and chicken stock simmer together with chicken and rice to make a delightful skillet meal.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth or 1 3⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 medium onions, chopped or 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook the chicken in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Stir the broth, orange juice, onion and rice in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the skillet. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender. Stir in the parsley.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: For a special touch, cook orange slices in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until they're lightly browned. Serve over the chicken.