Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I've been making this for years. Works best with a nonstick or anodized aluminum pan.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 medium green bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup salsa
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium high. Add chicken, green pepper, onion and garlic. Cook and stir about 3-5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Add lime juice, cumin, oregano and black pepper. Simmer, covered, about 7-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Warm tortillas (I use the microwave). Use slotted spoon to transfer chicken mixture onto tortillas. Top generously with salsa. Roll up and enjoy!