Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
- 2 limes, juice and zest of
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, for garnish
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350?F/180?C.
- Place chicken breast halves in Season-Serve container. Pour lemon and lime juices over chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 1–2 hours, turning occasionally. Remove chicken from marinade and reserve 2 tablespoons marinade in a small bowl.
- Heat olive oil in 6-Qt./5.7L saute pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and cook 4minutes on each side, or until lightly browned. Remove pan from heat. Combine lime zest and brown sugar; sprinkle over chicken. Combine reserved marinade and broth; pour around chicken. Top each chicken breast with two orange slices. Insert pan into oven and bake 15 minutes or until chicken registers 180?F/85?C on an instant-read thermometer and juices run clear. Place chicken on a serving platter and spoon sauce over chicken. Garnish with black olives and parsley.
Sorry this was not enjoyed by the family. I think it would have been better tasting had the sauce was more chicken flavoring and less lemon/lime marinade. The chicken tasted better without the sauce. Made for PAC Spring 2014.