Prep 4 hrs
Cook 45 mins
Interesting dish- can be used for a romantic dinner.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 dried chipotle pepper, stemmed and seeded
- 1 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- fresh orange slice (optional)
- fresh fresh cilantro stem (optional)
- in a small sauce pan combine juices and chili pepper, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, until the chili is plump, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Transfer the cooled juice mixture to a blender add salsa, olive oil and salt.
- Puree until smooth,
- rinse the chicken breast and pat dry.
- Place the chicken breast in a shallow non aluminum dish.
- Pour the puree evenly over the top. cover and marinate in refridgerator 2-4 hours.
- Prepare grill.
- When ready place chicken skin side down.
- Grill 2-3 minutes turn and cook 2-3 minutes. continue turning every 2-3 minutes until done.
- Arrange on platter with garnish.