Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 hrs
One of my favorites
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons white wine or 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 (3 lb) roasting chickens
- lime slice
- orange slice
- fresh cilantro
- Cook onion and garlic in olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Add orange juice and next 6 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil. Remove from heat;cool. Reserve 1/4 cup marinade and refrigerate it.
- Place chicken in a shallow dish or heavy duty, zip-top plastic bag. Pour remaining marinade over chicken. Cover or seal; marinate in refrigerator 8 hours, turning chicken occasionally.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Dry chicken with a paper towel. Place on a lightly greased rack, and place rack in broiler pan.
- Bake at 400F for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 350F, and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes, basting with reserved 1/4 cup marinade.
- Cover chicken with aluminum foil after 1 hour to prevent excessive browning. Place on serving platter and garnish.
Turned out very tender & moist. Lots of garlic & yummy flavours in the marinade. Ended up stuffing our bird with Artichoke - Cranberry stuffing (#258388) and it complimented nicely. Thanks for sharing.