Cook4 hrs 30 mins
Make and share this Citrus Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Rinse chicken; pat dry.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in plastic bag set in shallow dish.
- For marinade, combine lemon, lime, and orange juices, oil, sugar and oregano in small bowl.
- Pour over chicken; seal bag.
- Marinate in refrigerator 4 to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain chicken, reserving marinade.
- Grill chicken on rack of uncovered grill directly over medium coals 12 to 15 minutes or until tender and no longer pink inside, turning once and brushing occasionally with marinade during first half of cooking.
- Or, broil on unheated rack of broiler pan 4 to 5 inches from heat 12 to 15 minutes, turning once and brushing occasionally with marinade during first half of cooking.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
Delicious! My only change was to add the zest of half a lime to the marinade. Due to the weather I had to sauté mine on the stove and the chicken turned out juicy and wonderful. I am adding this to my list of go to recipes.
This is a pretty good chicky recipe. We liked it, but it was not over the top for us. I will probably make it again but make it in a frying pan and let the juices glaze up adding some brown sugar, while cooking it in the pan.
This is really good; perfect for summer. Next time I will add a touch more sugar, but otherwise it was perfect. Just the recipe I was looking for. I topped it with a little bit of chopped cilantro. That really makes the flavors pop. Thanks for posting.