Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is such a yummy chicken dish - different to me. Nice and light and fresh! Found on the internet. (easily halved recipe - although I make the same amount of sauce and serve with noodles)
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons banana yogurt
- In small bowl, mix together salt, paprika, basil, rosemary and pepper; sprinkle over chicken. In non-stick fry pan, place butter and melt over MEDIUM heat. Add chicken and cook, turning, about 10 minutes or until brown on all sides.
- In small bowl, mix together lemon, lime and orange juices; add wine and stir to blend. Pour over chicken in pan, cover, reduce heat to LOW and simmer about 15 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease and no pink remains. Remove chicken to warm dish.
- Into pan drippings, slowly stir yogurt; heat about 1 minute and pour over chicken.
Thank Jovi for a terrific and quick option for chicken breast with no marinating time. At the poster's suggestion, I made 2 breasts but used the spices and sauce ingredients for 4. I didn't have banana yogurt so I mixed 3 tablespoons of mashed banana with about 1/2 cup of plain yogurt. It was a bit too much and next time I will use less or skip the banana altogether. That said I loved the way the seasonings combined with the citrus. And the yogurt did give it all a nice creamy finish. (Oh, and I used olive oil for the butter to keep the cholesterol count down a bit.) Thanks.