Recipe by Jekase
This recipes come from "Public Health - Seattle & King County". At only 4.2 grams fat per slice, you won't believe how good it tastes. This is not your usual heavy cheesecake; its light and fluffy. I serve it with mandarin oranges on top. YUMMY!
- cooking spray
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (I use Spenda)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar or 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄3 cup wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (8 ounce) packages fat free cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1 teaspoon lime peel, grated
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup sugar or 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Coat a 9" springform pan with cooking spray. In a medium bowl mix crumbs, brown sugar, and butter. Then press into the bottom and 2" up the of the pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or food processor, combine sugar and flour. Add vanilla, cream cheese, and eggs. Beat until smooth. Add milk, sour cream, citrus juices, and peels. Beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites at high speed until soft peaks form. Add sugar, 1 Tbls. at a time, and beat until stiff peaks form. Gently fold by hand into cream cheese mixture.
- Pour into prepared crust and bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour or until set. Cool completely and cover and chill 4 hours or overnight.