Recipe by WiGal
A variation of TOH recipe. I think chef#1910636 suggestions are very appropriate so have edited the recipe accordingly.
Top Review by KateL
Great carrots and Brussels sprouts. As written there are A LOT of carrots and few Brussels sprouts; I recommend that you adjust the ratio to your family's preference. The carrots tasted great without becoming overly sweet. The Brussels sprouts still tasted like Brussels sprouts, cooked perfectly. I wasn't so talented as to limit the water to 3/4-inch, but I drained off the extra water before Step 3, and all was well that ended well. Made for Rookie Recipe Tag.
- 1⁄2 lb Brussels sprout
- 1 lb carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- After washing brussels sprouts, remove any yellow or spotty leaves, cut ends off, and cut in half.
- Put brussels sprouts and carrots in frying pan with 3/4 inch of water (so veggies are in a single layer), cover, simmer for about 11 minutes or until veggies are done to your preferences and water is cooked off.
- Stir in butter, zest, parsley, salt, and hot pepper sauce, toss to coat, and serve.