Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Carrots really lend themselves to the fresh tangy taste of orange juice, and this recipe couldn't be simpler to prepare.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb carrot, sliced 1/4-inch thick on the diagnol
- 1 cup water (or enough to cover by one inch)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 1 /. to 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Place water and carrots into a saucepan. Heat to boiling, cover pan, and simmer on medium for about 7-8 minutes, or until carrots are tender-crisp. Drain carrots and transfer to a nonstick skillet.
- Heat the butter on medium heat for one minute. Add the carrots and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the thawed orange juice concentrate, salt and pepper. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Toss with the chives. Serve.
The DM, DS and I really enjoyed this as a side with Margaret's Chicken Roll-Ups though I did not add the salt (personal preference) and as I don't know what orange juice concentrate is I used orange juice but would add zest next time too, to give it more depth of flavour. thank you Taste Tester, made for Make My Recipe - Edition 11.
Nice and easy carrots. I did add a bit of fresh ginger to give it zing, but otherwise made it exactly as written. Made a nice side dish to a Asian inspired wild rice salad for a perfect vegetarian meal. THANKS!