Recipe by TasteTester
Carrots really lend themselves to the fresh tangy taste of orange juice, and this recipe couldn't be simpler to prepare.
Top Review by I'mPat
The DM, DS and I really enjoyed this as a side with recipe #276605 though I did not add the salt (personal preference) and as I don't know what orange juice concentrate is I used orange juice but would add zest next time too, to give it more depth of flavour. thank you Taste Tester, made for Make My Recipe - Edition 11.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb carrot, sliced 1/4-inch thick on the diagnol
- 1 cup water (or enough to cover by one inch)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 1 /. to 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place water and carrots into a saucepan. Heat to boiling, cover pan, and simmer on medium for about 7-8 minutes, or until carrots are tender-crisp. Drain carrots and transfer to a nonstick skillet.
- Heat the butter on medium heat for one minute. Add the carrots and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the thawed orange juice concentrate, salt and pepper. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Toss with the chives. Serve.