Recipe by Crabbycakes
This is a great treat if you need something to mail for the holidays. The citrus is great at cutting the sweetness.
Top Review by Gay Gilmore
I made three different kinds of nuts for Christmas. I made these with pecan halves and I really liked the flavor. My only minor complaint is that the nuts turn a little white rather than glossy. Will make again.
- 1 egg white
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole almonds
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Generously grease 151/2x101/2x 1-inch jelly roll pan.
- Beat egg white in medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Add almonds and pecans; stir until coated.
- Stir in powdered sugar, lemon juice, orange peel, lemon peel and nutmeg.
- Turn out onto prepared pan, spreading nuts in single layer.
- Bake 30 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes.
- Turn off oven.
- Let nuts stand in oven 15 minutes more.
- Immediately remove nuts from pan to sheet of foil.
- Cool completely.
- Store up to 2 weeks in air tight container.