Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 16 ounces frozen lobster tails (2 lobster tails)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange rind, Finely Shredded
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ginger, Ground
- 1 dash paprika
- Place frozen lobster tails in a shallow baking dish.
- Micro-cook, covered, on 30% power for 7 to 8 minutes or till thawed, rotating dish a quarter-turn once.
- The tails are thawed when the shells are flexible enough to bend.
- Using a heavy knife, cut through the center of the top shells.
- Continue cutting through meat but not through undersehells.
- Spread the tails open, butterfly style, so meat is on top.
- Return to shallow baking dish.
- Pour water atop.
- Micro-cook, covered, on 50% power for 6 to 8 minutes or just till meat is opaque, rotating dish a quarter-turn every minute. (Shield cooked meat with small pieces of foil, if necessary, to prevent overcooking.) Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine butter or margarine, lemon juice, orange peel, salt, ginger and paprika.
- Micro-cook, uncovered, on 100% power for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or till butter is melted.
- Mix well.
- Drizzle lobster tails with butter mixture.