Recipe by BestTeenChef
This muffin has a great intense orange flavor. Try it, you won't be disappointed!
Top Review by Mysterygirl
Because of the comments of the other reviewers, I used thawed frozen orange juice concentrate and upped the orange zest to 1 tbsp. It definitely brought out the the orange flavor more. I'd like to try this again but sub orange juice for all of the milk.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 (170 g) packagecraisins orange flavored dried sweetened cranberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F; grease or line a 12 cup muffin pan.
- Combine flour, both sugars, baking powder and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Combine milk, orange juice, oil and egg in a separate bowl.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients; stir just until ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in orange flavored craisins and orange peel.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups; sprinkle on tops with pecans and sugar.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan then cool on wire rack.