Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is just a simple, tasty addition to your regular biscuits. And if you're not a fan of orange, use raspberry, strawberry, kumquat, peach...anything you like!
- 3 cups self rising flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- butter, melted
- 12 teaspoons salted butter
- 12 tablespoons orange preserves
- 12 slices mild cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Cut in shortening. Stir in buttermilk.
- Knead & roll out on floured work surface.
- Cut with biscuit cutter.
- Score in the middle of each with a knife.
- Add pat of butter dallop of orange marmalade, and sliver of cheese.
- Fold over and place on baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes until golden.