Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A recipe from Rachael Ray. Only 5 ingredients :)
- 4 large beets
- 5 tangerines or 5 clementines, separated into sections
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch mint, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Add the beets to a large pot of boiling water. Simmer until tender, about 40 minutes. Let cool.
- Peel and cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Add the tangerine segments, onion, mint and olive oil. Toss.
- Top with the goat cheese.
fabulous, fabulous, delicious! I will make this salad for the rest of my life!! I have fresh, organic tangerines in AZ.
This was an extremely simple salad but delicious. I roasted the beets instead of boiling (olive oil in foil packet). I omitted the red onion for personal preference, and used golden beets which were delicious but lacked any color for the dish. This was not very good the next day however, best eaten same day!
We really enjoyed this salad ~ I particularly liked the beets & tangerines, while my other half was partial to the mint & goat cheese combo! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Every Day Is a Holiday tag]