1/2 Photos of Citrus-Beef Stir-Fry With Carrots (Ww)
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
I've been craving Chinese food but didn't want takeout because it is so high in calories. I found this on the WW site and thought I'd give it a try. It was a bit spicy using the 1/2 tsp. of red pepper flakes, so you might want to use less if you don't like spicy. We all thought it would have been better with a mix of veggies (broccoli, snow peas, baby corn etc.) rather than all carrots. Prepared as written, each serving is 7 points.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb sirloin strip steak, trimmed, raw, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 cups carrots, matchstick-cut
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges and separated
- 1Place beef in a shallow dish; pour 2 tablespoons soy sauce over beef. Turn to coat completely. Let marinate 15 minutes in refrigerator.
- 2Combine orange juice, sugar, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, vinegar, orange rind and red pepper in a small bowl. Stir with a whisk.
- 3Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add beef and cook 6 minutes. Remove from heat and place on a serving platter; keep warm.
- 4Reduce heat to medium-high; add carrot and onion (I also added some of the meat juices back in). Cook 7 minutes or until carrot is lightly browned and crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Increase heat to high; add beef and its juices and orange juice mixture. Cook 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Citrus-Beef Stir-Fry With Carrots (Ww)
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.9
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 1109.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 23.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sirloin strip steaks