Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
I've been craving Chinese food but didn't want takeout because it is so high in calories. I found this on the WW site and thought I'd give it a try. It was a bit spicy using the 1/2 tsp. of red pepper flakes, so you might want to use less if you don't like spicy. We all thought it would have been better with a mix of veggies (broccoli, snow peas, baby corn etc.) rather than all carrots. Prepared as written, each serving is 7 points.
- 1 lb sirloin strip steak, trimmed, raw, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce, divided
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 cups carrots, matchstick-cut
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges and separated
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beef in a shallow dish; pour 2 tablespoons soy sauce over beef. Turn to coat completely. Let marinate 15 minutes in refrigerator.
- Combine orange juice, sugar, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, vinegar, orange rind and red pepper in a small bowl. Stir with a whisk.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add beef and cook 6 minutes. Remove from heat and place on a serving platter; keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium-high; add carrot and onion (I also added some of the meat juices back in). Cook 7 minutes or until carrot is lightly browned and crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Increase heat to high; add beef and its juices and orange juice mixture. Cook 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.