Recipe by lazyme
This is our favorite rotisserie recipe. It's from the instruction booklet for an Oster Carousel Rotisserie. Although I've never tried it this way, my guess is that it could be converted to an oven dish as well.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this recipe & shared half of the chicken with a neighbor couple (along with half of your recipe #179998), & they were a surprised & happy couple! I really enjoyed the citrus sauce from this recipe & will be happy making the whole thing again for another a special dinner right here! Thanks for yet another great keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed during the lazyme cook-a-thon]
- 3 1⁄2 lbs broiler chickens, whole
- 1 orange, halved, sliced
- 1 lemon, halved, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken in cold running water. Drain, pat dry inside and out with paper towel. Place orange and lemon slices inside chicken.
- Spray inside of rotisserie basket with nonstick vegetable coating spray; place chicken on the spit and screw spit into the basket. Center chicken on spit with wings downward, legs upward. Place basket with chicken inside the rotisserie.
- Combine 1/4 cup orange juice, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and lime juice. Brush 1/3 of mixture over chicken. Reserve remaining mixture.
- Close rotisserie door. Plug inches Be certain unit rotates freely. Cook until juices run clear and thermometer inserted in breast registers 185°F (approximately 60 to 65 minutes). Brush with remaining mixture during last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 1/2 cup orange juice, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, honey and cornstarch in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until boiling. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly until thickened and clear. Serve as sauce with chicken.
- Open rotisserie door. Grasp end of spit and basket with pot holders and place on a heatproof work surface. Remove chicken to warm platter to serve. Refrigerate leftovers.