These melt-in-your-mouth citrus bars are perfect for morning coffees or pot-luck meals when just a small taste of something rich and tart is desired. These bars are easy to pack in a lunch box for an added treat.
- Combine 2 cups flour and powdered sugar. Cut in butter until mixture begins to cling together. Press into a 9 by 13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Beat together the eggs, sugar, lemon and orange juice, and lemon peel.
- Stir in remaining 1/4 cup flour and baking powder, mixing together.
- Pour over baked crust.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- When cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into small bars.