Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe comes from the 13 Mar 07 issue of Woman's World, & looks too good [& tastes too good, too!] not to pass along. It is billed as a 'Lighten-Up! Recipe.' Preparation time does not include time needed to cool down.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar (again)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line 9" square baking pan with enough foil to overhang sides by 2", then coat with cooking spray.
- At medium speed, beat flour, sour cream, 3 tablespoons powdered sugar & butter until combined.
- Press dough onto bottom of pan, & prick with fork.
- Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- At low speed, beat eggs, whites, juices, zest, baking powder & 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar until combined.
- Pour over warm crust.
- Bake 40 minutes or until set.
- Cool on wire rack, & if desired, sprinkle with additional powdered sugar before cutting into bars.