Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love the combo of orange with barbecue sauce. This makes an easy summer meal.
Make and share this Citrus Barbecued Chicken Breasts recipe from Food.com.
- Mix barbecue sauce, orange juice, orange peel together.
- Reserve 1/2 cup sauce mixture.
- Pour remaining sauce mixture into shallow dish.
- Add chicken to sauce mixture; turn to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes to marinate.
- Drain and discard marinate.
- Place chicken on greased grill over medium coals.
- Grill 12 to 15 minutes or until cooked through (160 degrees), turning and brushing with reserved sauce mixture halfway through grilling time.
So easy to whisk this glaze together. The orange flavor really brightens up the taste. I really, really, liked the flavor. DH said the grill needed extra cleaning though, rather sticky.
This was some super yummy chicken! My son, who is 7, had a friend stay for dinner and both their plates were clean. The friend went home and told his grandma that the chicken was better than anything she ever made.....lol! I used Sweet Baby Ray's for the barbecue sauce and seasoned my chicken with some Emeril's Essence and pepper before putting it in the marinade. Served with baked potatoes and a green salad. I can see that I will be craving this chicken again soon! I think it would be tasty brushed on salmon also. I loved the orange flavor, you could taste it but it wasn't too orange-y, so good! Thank you so much for sharing .
Excellent! Hubby added extra bbq sauce to his. I froze the extras, so I'll be making this again. Yum!