Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the local TV cookbook called "KCTS Cooks" (on the grill). This marinade gives the chicken a delicious, fruity tang. It was sent in by a viewer in Bellingham, Washington. This is also WW friendly, only 3.5 points.
- Place the chicken in a plastic ziploc bag.
- In a small bowl, combine juices, oil and seasonings.
- Mix well.
- Add to chicken in bag and turn to coat.
- Let stand for 25 minutes, turning occasionally.
- On greased grill, cook chicken over hot coals 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until done.
- Brush frequently with marinade while cooking.
Loved this chicken. I marinated it overnight and really enjoyed the nice citrus flavor. Thanks for sharing, Teresa. Made for For Your Consideration tag.
We really enjoyed this chicken. It's nice, light and fresh tasting due to the citrus. Next time I might add more of the garlic, oregano and chili powder. I particularly liked the fact that this chicken can be both marinated and cooked very quickly! Thank you.
This was absolutely amazing! Even though I was out of lime/lime juice, my SIL suggested trying it with orange juice, not really the same but it still turned out delicious! I pan seared the chicken since it's much too cold outside right now to grill, then deglazed the pan with chicken broth and lemon juice for a nice full flavored sauce. The whole family raved! This will be a regular for sure! :D