Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Now that I'm into fish I've been looking for some new recipes. This looks fabulous, so I'm storing it here to try soon. It's from Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee.
- 8 salmon fillets, 3/4 inch thick,about 1 1/2 pounds total
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) canseasoned chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rub salmon with salt and pepper.
- Place salmon in 2-quart shallow baking dish; drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Whisk balsamic vinegar, cornstarch, orange juice and brown sugar in medium saucepan.
- Add chicken broth and heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, stirring until the mixture thickens.
- Arrange salmon on serving platter and serve with sauce.
- Serve over hot white rice, if desired.
good I liked the sauce might be good on chicken too. I added some OJ to the baking pan and some orange slices on top the salmon. put it over rice and steamed veg.
Very nice tasting salmon! I scaled this down for 2 people easily. I used chicken style seasoning and water for the broth. The sauce cooked down nicely and had good flavor. I served this with okra and tomatoes and braised fennel.Thanks Kree!