Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Citrus Baked Halibut
Make and share this Citrus Baked Halibut recipe from Food.com.
- OVEN COOKING:.
- Rinse halibut in cold water and dry using paper toweling.
- Arrange halibut in a 9" x 13" oven-proof baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a frying pan, add butter, onion and garlic. Saute until translucent.
- Remove from heat; stir in parsley, orange rind, salt and pepper.
- Spread mixture over halibut steaks.
- In a small bowl, mix together orange juice and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle juice over steaks, but be careful not to wash away the onion/garlic mixture.
- Bake fish in preheated 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for 20 to 22 minutes, turning over at about 10 minutes of cooking time.
- Continue cooking until time expires or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK FISH.
- Spoon hot juices over fish.
- Serve at once.
- MICROWAVE COOKING:.
- Prepare and arrange fish and onion/garlic as above.
- Reduce orange juice by 2 tablespoons.
- Cover fish with a clear plastic wrap vented.
- Cook on HIGH (full power) for 4 minutes.
- Turn fish over and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes on HIGH (full power) or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Spoon juices over fish and serve at once.
- If desired, serve with Tartar Sauce.
I made it for company. Easy and very tasty.
Delicious! Somewhat of a surprise, as I was not sure how the citrus would react with the Halibut. Try it with a wild rice recipe or rice pilaf.
Love the citrus with the fish! I got raves from my family on this one! I used haddock instead of the halibut and got great results. Any white fish would be fine to use with this recipe!