Recipe by Halcyon Eve
I love salads that feature avocados and citrus! The flavors are so refreshing. I haven't tried this recipe yet, from www.avocadosalad.com, but it sounds delicious, and the dressing sounds like it would really go with the flavors of the salad.
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated onion
- 12 cups torn salad greens
- 2 medium grapefruits, peeled and sectioned (be sure to remove all the pith and the membranes)
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned (be sure to remove all the pith and membranes)
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced and separated into rings
Directions See How It's Made
- To make dressing, combine all dressing ingredients in a jar. Shake until well mixed. Set aside.
- Place salad greens in a large bowl. Add grapefruit sections, orange sections, avocado slices, and onion rings. Toss gently to combine.
- Shake dressing again if needed. Drizzle over salad, toss to coat, and serve.