Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Good Housekeeping. I made 3 batches at once and canned 2 in a water bath for 15 minutes. I would imagine it could also be frozen.
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 whole star anise
- 12 ounces cranberries, washed and picked over
- With vegetable peeler, remove all peel from lemon in strips and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice.
- In 2 to 3 quart saucepan, stir together apricots, orange juice, sugar, water, star anise, lemon juice, and 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper. Heat to boiling on medium-high, stirring occasionally.
- Add cranberries and lemon peel. Return to boiling. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until half of cranberries pop and mixture thickens. let cranberry sauce cool before serving, or cover and refrigerate up to 4 days. Discard star anise and lemon peel before serving, if you wish.