Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
In the Orient, oranges are regarded as a sacred fruit. Found recipe in the Woman World magazine.
- 1⁄4 cup silvered natural almonds
- 1 (6 ounce) package baby spinach leaves
- 1 can artichoke heart, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (6 1/8 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 3⁄4 cup bean sprouts (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange
- 1⁄4 cup bottled red-wine vinegar-and-olive oil salad dressing
- Heat dry skillet over medium heat.
- Add almonds, cook stirring, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from skillet, cool.
- In serving bowl toss spinach with hearts of artichokes, oranges, bean spouts and almonds.
- Stir cilantro and grated orange into dressing.
- Just before serving drizzle dressing over salad.