1/1 Photo of Citrus and Smoked Salmon Striped Roast Halibut
Chef #163036's Note:
This is a great balance of flavors: salty, sour, sweet, and herbs.... without overpowering the delicate flavor of the halibut. It also looks great! I use cold-smoked(lox) style sockeye (great color), but any cold-smoked salmon will do...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (1133.98 g) halibut (no bones)
- 1 whole lemon
- 1 whole lime
- 1 whole orange
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 85.04 g presliced smoked salmon, sliced into 1/2 inch wide strips.
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter, room temperature.
- 14.79 ml cilantro leaf, chopped
- 14.79 ml maple syrup (or honey if not available)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 375 deg F.
- 2Using a fine grater, grate the lime, lemon, and 1/2 the orange, being careful not to grate any white rind (it's really bitter).
- 3Heat butter in small skillet over medium heat.
- 4Add citrus peel, garlic, and sweat for 1 minute.
- 5Add maple syrup, cook for another minute.
- 6Add juices of lime& lemon, and allow to cool in refrigerator for 8-10 minutes, or until mixture thickens.
- 7Arrange halibut portions on parchment paper, or on oiled aluminum foil.
- 8Spread citrus mixture over top of each portion, then cover with evenly spaced smoked salmon'stripes'.
- 9Top sparingly with cilantro, cover, and roast in oven for 15-20 minutes, depending on thickness of fish (15 minutes per inch thickness), or until flakes easily with fork.
- 10Note, I like to roast salted& oiled zucchini quarters with the fish (it takes about the same amount of time), and serve with boiled new potatoes& steamed green beans.
Browse Our Top Halibut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Halibut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Citrus and Smoked Salmon Striped Roast Halibut
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.9
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 103.6 mg
- Sodium 332.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 64.0 g