Recipe by Izzy Knight
A very appetizing summer dish; the tartness and the sweetness of the citrus sauce will wake up your palate!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 pound total)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms or 4 cups button mushrooms
- 12 ounces tomato linguine or 12 ounces plain linguine, cooked and drained
- orange slice, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels.
- Season chicken breasts lightly with salt and pepper.
- For sauce, in a bowl stir together water, thawed concentrate, vinegar, cornstarch, and bouillon granules; set aside.
- In a 12" skillet cook chicken in hot oil for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and no longer pink, turning once.
- Remove chicken from skillet; cover and keep warm.
- In the same skillet cook mushrooms until tender.
- Stir sauce and add to skillet.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Serve sauce over chicken and hot cooked linguine.
- If desired, garnish with orange slices.