Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
The marinade for this chicken is just delicious: citrusy, herby, and fresh tasting!
- 2⁄3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 -3 jalapenos, stemmed and seeded
- 7 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup guacamole
- In a food processor or blender, combine 1/3 cup of the orange juice, the jalapeños, garlic, peppercorns and salt.
- Puree until the peppercorns are completely crushed.
- Add the cilantro and the remaining 1/3 cup orange juice and puree until smooth.
- In a frying pan oil pan and cook chicken breasts until thoroughly cooked, add mixture from food processor/blender.
- Dice chicken and stir in back in frying pan with juices and marinade until browned.
- Warm tortillas in damp dish towel in microwave for 2 minutes.
- Add diced chicken, salsa and guacamole.
These are absolutely yummy! What a great summer dinner. I used parsley instead of the cilantro b/c DH doesn't like cilantro. I also used a lot less garlic (one HUGE clove). I served this as a sort of build-your-own taco with tomatoes, lettuce, onions and avacado. Sour cream and salsa too. The few leftovers I have, I'm going to eat for lunch today as a taco salad. YUM! Thanks for sharing. :)