1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Food & Wine 2005
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°. Finely grate the zest of 1 lemon and 1 orange. Quarter the zested lemon and orange.
- 2Set the chicken on a rack in a roasting pan. In a small bowl, combine the citrus zests with 1 tablespoon of the ginger.
- 3Generously season the cavity of the chicken with salt and pepper and all of the zest mixture.
- 4Stuff as many lemon and orange quarters inside the chicken as will fit.
- 5Juice the remaining 2 lemons and 1 orange. In a small bowl, mix the citrus juice with the remaining 2 tablespoons of ginger, the olive oil and the honey.
- 6Brush the chicken with the juice mixture and roast, basting with the juice every 20 minutes, for 1 1/4 hours, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of a thigh registers 165°.
- 7If the skin browns too quickly, cover the chicken with foil.
- 8Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and let rest for 15 minutes. Pour the pan juices into a glass measuring cup and skim off the fat.
- 9Remove the chicken skin and discard, carve the meat and transfer to plates. Serve with the pan juices.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Citrus and Ginger Roasted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (656 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 925.6
- Calories from Fat 577
- Total Fat 64.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 232.8 mg
- Sodium 222.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 19.2 g
- Protein 59.7 g