Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A friend gave this to me years ago. It's a stand-by that everyone loves. It's easy, too.
- 1 box yellow cake mix, no pudding
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, undrained
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- Beat together cake, margarine,eggs, and mandarin oranges on medium speed.
- Use three pans and bake at 350* for 25-30 until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool well.
- For the topping, Combine vanilla instant pudding, pineapple, and cool whip.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Frost each layer and refridgerate until set.
A delicious cake. I served it to company and everybody loved it.Very easy to make also. Thanks Pat for a great recipe.
This cake is SO yummy. I have a friend who LOVES coconut - so I added coconut extract and a handful of coconut to the batter. Instead of vanilla pudding, I used coconut cream and put coconut on the top and on the sides. A different twist on a tropical treat!
I make this same recipe, and it is a luscious cake to enjoy - particularly in the summertime. Very easy and sooo delicious!