Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a Norwegian dish (my DIL is from Bergen Norway) but a family favorite for us here in the US for many years - especially loved by my youngest daughter who we now call Cissy. It is a great side dish for any meal and super easy to make.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 5 potatoes, peeled and cubed into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a large pot, bring the water to a boil.
- Add the potatoes and boil uncovered for 10-12 minutes.
- Mix butter and flour in a medium sized bowl until well blended.
- Add the flour mixture to the potatoes and mix until blended.
- Add the milk and stir until smooth.
- Bring to a low boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are soft and sauce is thickened.