Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Yes, I do mean those orange peanut shaped candies that taste like fake banana goo. I ate this salad/dessert at a pot luck dinner at work and could not believe what was in it. Try it and I think you will be pleasantly surprised, I know I was.
- Put gelatin and circus peanuts in a bowl.
- Add hot water and stir well until completely mixed.
- Pour pineapple juice into a measuring cup and add cold water to make 2 cups of liquid.
- Add to gelatin mixture.
- Refrigerate until partially set.
- Fold in drained pineapple and Cool Whip.
I first had this probably at least 30 +years ago at apot luck and was hoping to find the recipe as I hadn't made it for quite a while and couldn't find it. It always got rave reviews/ simple but just a little different
This is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good my mother in law has made this for many many years and her mother use to make it as well. I love this salad. I thought she was crazy the first time she made this but it is delicious