Shawn C's Note:
from the restaurant In Charleston SC
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1• In a food processor, add the crabmeat, eggs, mustard and Old Bay seasoning. Puree this mixture.
- 2• With the processor still running, add just enough heavy cream to make the mixture creamy.
- 3• Fold in the jumbo lump by hand. Reserve crab soufflé mix.
- 4• Take the diced pineapple and red onion and mix together in a bowl.
- 5• Add a splash of vinegar and enough minced chives to add color to this and thoroughly mix together.
- 6• Season with salt and pepper.
- 7• Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 8• Fill a 2 1/2 ring mold to the top with the crab soufflé mix.
- 9• Bake in the oven on wax paper for 12–15 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- 10• Cover the bottom of your plate with the mango puree and red pepper puree and unmold the soufflé onto the center of the plate.
- 11• Garnish the plate with the pineapple relish & serve.
Nutritional Facts for Circa 1886 Crabcake Souffle
Serving Size: 1 (368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.1
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 558.0 mg
- Sodium 555.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 21.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning