Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
from the restaurant In Charleston SC
- 1 1⁄2 cups crabmeat
- 1 1⁄2 cups lump crabmeat
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- heavy cream
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- 2 tablespoons red onions, diced
- rice wine vinegar
- mango puree, optional garnish
- red pepper puree (roasted)
- • In a food processor, add the crabmeat, eggs, mustard and Old Bay seasoning. Puree this mixture.
- • With the processor still running, add just enough heavy cream to make the mixture creamy.
- • Fold in the jumbo lump by hand. Reserve crab soufflé mix.
- • Take the diced pineapple and red onion and mix together in a bowl.
- • Add a splash of vinegar and enough minced chives to add color to this and thoroughly mix together.
- • Season with salt and pepper.
- • Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- • Fill a 2 1/2 ring mold to the top with the crab soufflé mix.
- • Bake in the oven on wax paper for 12–15 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- • Cover the bottom of your plate with the mango puree and red pepper puree and unmold the soufflé onto the center of the plate.
- • Garnish the plate with the pineapple relish & serve.